UFL Issues Tie-Breaking Procedures
ATLANTA, GA-- The UFL Championship Game in the Heritage Bowl shall be played at Wildcats Memorial Stadium, the home venue of the Atlanta Wildcats, on Sunday, August 13th, in Atlanta, Georgia.
If necessary, the following tie-breaker procedure will be used to determine the participating teams and/or home team for the UFL Championship Game in the Heritage Bowl. Due to UFL teams playing conference teams non-matching schedules, the league has developed tie-breaker procedures prior to the 2023 season. In conjunction with these procedures, the UFL will employ a UFL Selection Committee for a weekly poll to ensure the best teams earn participation in the UFL Heritage Bowl.
If three or more teams are tied atop a conference at the end of the season. In that case, the following criteria are used, until one team remains and declared the representative of the Football Championship Game.
Conference Champions Shall Be Determined Via:
1. The team with the regular season's highest winning percentage shall earn the conference's Heritage Bowl selection spot. In addition, of the two teams chosen to participate in the Heritage Bowl, the team with the highest regular season winning percentage shall be determined to be the game's home team.
2. If still tied, the team with the winning Head to head result between tied teams shall be determined as the winner of any tie-breaker.
3. If still tied, the team with the highest margin of victory shall be determined as the winner of any tie-breaker.
4. If still tied, the team with the highest overall conference winning percentage shall be determined as the winner of any tie-breaker.
5. If still tied, combined highest winning percentage against all common non-conference opponents shall be determined as the winner of any tie-breaker.
6. If still tied, if one team is ranked higher in the latest available UFL Selection Committee rankings and wins in the final weekend of the regular season, it shall be determined as the winner of any tie-breaker.
Suppose at any time during this analysis, any team(s) should gain an advantage over the other team(s) tied at that position. In that case, the team(s) holding the advantage shall move forward in the tiebreaking process while the other team(s) are eliminated. If it is reduced to a two-team tie at any point, the process shall revert to the beginning of the tiebreaking procedures (tie between two teams) and shall be applied (in order) until the two-team tie is broken.
The UFL Heritage Bowl will serve as the UFL Championship Game and will have one participant from the East and West conferences. The game shall be held at a neutral site except for the Atlanta Wildcats in the home venue of the Wildcats in Atlanta, Georgia.
For the latest UFL news and information, please visit uflfootball.com.